The 2016 NFL Draft enters its final day, with rounds four through seven ready to go. This is the day for all the true diehards. There will be some notable names coming off the board, with Connor Cook leading the way, but a lot of these picks are guys of whom we have heard little if anything over the last few months.
The San Francisco 49ers have quite the haul of picks to close out the draft. They have eight picks on the day. That includes a fourth round pick, three fifth and sixth round picks, and a seventh round pick. Four of the picks are comp picks, which means they cannot be traded. The 49ers have used those on red-shirt candidates in the past, so we'll see if they follow up on that strategy.
The 49ers head into the final day having drafted a defensive tackle, an offensive guard, and a cornerback. They have plenty of needs remaining. You could make arguments for quarterback, wide receiver, offensive tackle, inside linebacker, and outside linebacker all being worthy of a pick or two. The 49ers have the picks to address them, but we'll see where they surprise us.
Round four kicks off at 9:00 a.m. PT from Chicago. The NFL allows five minutes per pick in rounds four through seven, and then four minutes per compensatory pick in all rounds.
ESPN and NFL Network will once again provide television coverage. I prefer NFL Network, but given that I spend more time on Twitter than watching the television screen, I suppose it's not too big a deal what is on. But if you're looking for the best option, it's a tougher call after day one. Once Chris Berman is off the screen, ESPN's coverage improves quite a bit.
If you do not have television access during the draft, NFL.com/live will provide a live stream of the day's festivities.
1. First round: DeForest Buckner, DT, Oregon
2. First round: Joshua Garnett, OG, Stanford
3. Third round: Will Redmond, CB, Mississippi State
4. Fourth round: Comp pick - No. 35 (133)
5. Fifth round: San Diego Chargers (2015 draft-day trade) - No. 3 (142)
6. Fifth round: Own pick - No. 6 (145)
7. Fifth round: Comp pick - No. 37 (174)
8. Sixth round: Denver Broncos (Vernon Davis trade) - No. 32 (207)
9. Sixth round: Comp pick - No. 36 (211)
10. Sixth round: Comp pick - No. 38 (213)
11. Seventh: Kansas City Chiefs (2016 draft-day trade) - No. 28 (249)