The San Francisco 49ers will finalize their contract with Kyle Shanahan immediately after the Super Bowl, but in the meantime, Sporting News columnist Alex Marvez appears to have the inside scoop on several people who could potentially join Shanahan’s staff.
Earlier today, we wrote about two Atlanta Falcons offensive assistants (Mike McDaniel, Mike LaFleur) who could potentially join the staff. Marvez tweeted a few other reports about potential candidates.
- Current 49ers defensive backs coach Jeff Hafley and linebackers coach Jason Tarver are expected to stay on
- Bears assistant special teams coach Richard Hightower is likely to become the special teams coach
- Former Falcons quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp and former Broncos tight ends coach Brian Pariani could potentially end up on the radar
- No word yet on Tom Rathman, but he is obviously well respected
- Falcons assistant head coach Raheem Morris will not be joining Shanahan’s staff
The rumors will likely get a little more in depth as we head into next week. In the meantime, these are the names on the radar.