The San Francisco 49ers are on the road in Week 13, facing the Chicago Bears for the third straight season in this particular context. It’s quite the coincidence that the 49ers and Bears play at Soldier Field in Week 13, but such is life. Kickoff is scheduled for 10:00 a.m. on CBS. Andrew Catalon and James Lofton will call the game from the booth, with nobody scheduled as a sideline reporter.
This is mostly a regional broadcast, although the Bears region is fairly sprawling. And given that Jimmy Garoppolo is originally from Illinois, folks out there will be pretty pumped.
Normally FOX would cover this, but the past couple years has seen a deal between the NFL, CBS, FOX to rotate some intra-conference matchups between the networks. The folks at 506sports.com post weekly broadcast maps showing where each game will play everywhere in the United States. Here’s a look at where the 49ers-Bears game will be broadcast.
1. Northern California - North of Bakersfield, down through Santa Barbara
2. Nevada - Reno market
3. Illinois - From Springfield north
4. Indiana - South Bend market
5. Michigan - Western half of the state (split between Grand Rapids & Flint)
6. Wisconsin - All but Green Bay market
7. Minnesota - Duluth market, sliver of southeast Minnesota
8. Iowa - Eastern half
9. Missouri - Northeastern sliver
There are not many international viewing options, as some of our resources have gone away. It will be on CTV BC in Canada, and might be on ESPN Extra in South America. If you know of an international broadcast option, let us know in the comments.
Brazil: Potentially ESPN Extra
Armed Forces Network-Europe: No broadcast