The San Francisco 49ers close out their 2017 schedule against the Los Angeles Rams with a chance to finish on a strong note. If the season ended with a loss, there will be plenty of positive momentum, but a win would be a nice way to finish a season that has seen growing optimism. Their five wins are the most ever by an NFL team that started 0-9, but there is more to achieve!
Here is a full list of what to watch for with today’s game:
- If the 49ers beat the Rams, they will become the first team with 10-or-more losses prior to December to undefeated from December 1st until the end of the season since the 1986 Indianapolis Colts started the season 0-13 and won their final three games.
- With a win, Kyle Shanahan would become the first NFL rookie coach to go undefeated in December since Tony Sparano did it in 2008.
- With 66 receiving yards wide receiver Marquise Goodwin would become the 11th player in franchise history to reach 1,000-or-more receiving yards in a single season. he has already surpassed career highs in yards and receptions.
- With 139 rushing yards, Carlos Hyde would set a career high. He needs 150 rushing yards to get to 1,000.
- With a half sack, linebacker Elvis Dumervil would join John Abraham as the only players to register at least a half sack against all 32 NFL teams.
- With 43 receiving yards, tight end Garrett Celek would set a career high. With a touchdown, Celek would become the first 49ers player to register at least five touchdown receptions since Anquan Boldin did it in 2014.
- With 8 points, kicker Robbie Gould would set a career high for points in a season.
- With 26 receiving yards, fullback Kyle Juszczyk would set a new career high.
- With one point downed inside the 20, punter Bradley Pinion would set a career high is just 1 punt away from setting a new career high for punts downed inside the 20.