San Francisco 49ers quarterback will finalize his opt-out decision between now and the week of March 2, but in the meantime, he continues his work off the field. On Thursday, Kaepernick announced the next round of $100,000 donations.
Last fall, Kaepernick pledged to donate $1 million over the course of the next ten months. You can follow the monthly donations here. We discussed his October and November donations, and then his December donations.
Here is a rundown of what each donation will cover.
Black Veterans For Social Justice | Brooklyn, NY - $25,000
- Emphasis on house and employment for homeless vets, primarily men of color
- donation will go directly to the streets helping the organization to pay more rents and initiate more employment training
350 Global Environmental Organization | Brooklyn, NY - $25,000
- People’s Climate Mobilization March. Transportation, food, overnight accommodations, other hard costs
- Legislation for clean energy development
- Rapid response and digital communications. Mobilization to assist protesters at Dakota Access is one project they are currently working on
Center For Reproductive Rights | New York, NY - $25,000
- Worldwide organization using justice system to fight for Women’s reproductive rights
- Emergency litigation fund to respond instantly to legal crisis affecting Women’s rights
CHIRLA (Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles) | Los Angeles, CA - $25,000
- Immigrant rights group based in LA, Ca
- Helps existing immigrants living in California obtain citizenship
- This group offers legal services, education, and consultation
- Helps fight deportation
- Colin’s donation will help as many as 600 people obtain their citizenship to stay in America