Eight reasons why I should change my Niners Nation name to Joe the Homer.
1. I think Beathard is going to end up being a good starting quarterback in the NFL, with Shanahan’s help of course. I think Shanahan will make at least as good of a quarterback out of Beathard as he did Cousins.
2. I think Bowman and Foster are going to become the best linebacker tandem in the NFL. Bowman was trying to do too much in 2015 in order to make up for all of the terrible play going on around him. He will do much better being surrounded by high caliber players once again.
3. I think Carlos Hyde and Joe Williams are going to be unstoppable. Read the article below, it may have been Shanahan that wanted Joe Williams at the last minute but it was running backs coach Bobby Turner that wanted him all along. I think Hyde is going to also thrive in this new environment.
4. I think Vance McDonald and George Kittle are going to be our top two tight ends and they are both going to have decent seasons.
5. DeAndre Smelter is going to become our second best wide receiver behind Pierre Garcon. Between Garcon and Shanahan, they are going to make a very good receiver out of him. (Maybe I have been watching too many Smelter highlight videos?)
6. Rashard Robinson and Ahkello Witherspoon are going to be amazing together and Will Redmond is going to be even better as the nickel corner. (Hopefully Ward Will be able to give them the support they are going to need in the middle third of the field.)
7. The inside part of our defensive line is going to be beyond amazing. Armstead, Buckner, and Thomas are going to not only be in the fight of their lives for playing time, they are going to create a friendly rivalry between them in the next few months that is going to be the catalyst for the entire defensive front seven. Add DJ Jones to that group and you have the makings for one of the best defensive lines in the NFL.
8. We are going to narrowly miss the playoffs this year but we are going to make the Super Bowl in 2018. That’s right I said it. Kyle Shanahan is going to have Peter Carroll’s number. If you are wondering how we are going to get there, DeAndre Smelter is going to make the “Catch 4”, over none other than Richard Sherman, on a pass from none other than CJ Beathard, in the NFC title game which will be played at home, because we won our division. Our great defense is going to easily be able to hold on long enough to win the game and we will once and for all stop believing in Leprechauns.
Now onto those sizzling hot links:
Analyzing the 49ers undrafted free agents Grant Cohn
Report: 49ers will release RB Mike Davis Eric Branch
Vote: How many games will 49ers win in 2017? Chris Biderman
In Bobby Turner the San Francisco 49ers trust Rick Gosselin
Most improved teams in every division Sam Monson
Kyle Shanahan hopes 49ers found next Kirk Cousins in C.J. Beathard Nick Wagoner
What Colin Kaepernick's activism means to the nonprofits he supports Harry Lyle’s Jr.
Welcome to the NFL, rookie! Geoff Schwartz