While numerous high level draft prospects don’t meet the requirements of the Senior Bowl, there still will be plenty on hand trying to catch NFL scout’s eyes in Mobile, Alabama this week. You have to have be a senior in college or a graduated junior like Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen to be invited. It’s a full week of media availability and practice for the players as they begin their path to the draft.
The week starts quickly with weigh ins on Tuesday and then players split up into their teams. The North will be coached by Vance Joseph and the Broncos staff, the South will be coach by Bill O’Brien and the Texans coaching staff. Interestingly the North seems to be heavy on quarterback talent with Washington States Luke Falk, Wyoming’s Josh Allen and Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield.
San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch and his college scouting staff will be in attendance and will have their eyes on players mostly on positions other than quarterback. Here are a few key prospects that they will be watching closely.
- DE Marcus Davenport 6’7 255, UTSA
- WR James Washington 6’0 205, Oklahoma State
- CB Duke Dawson 5’10 208, Florida
- OG Will Hernandez 6’3 330, UTEP
- OT Chukwuma Okorafor 6’6 330, Western Michigan
- OLB/DE Uchenna Nwosu 6’2 240, USC
- RB Rashaad Penny, 5’11 220, San Diego State
- RB Akrum Wadley 5’11 191, Iowa
Here’s the Twitter list to follow as weigh-ins get going.