Fooch’s update, 1 pm: The Packers traded Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to Washington, and the Jaguars traded Dante Fowler to the Rams. That’s a wrap!
Fooch’s update, 12:16 pm: The Packers are sending Ty Montgomery to the Ravens, per Josina Anderson.
Fooch’s update, 10:46 am: Golden Tate is headed to Philadelphia for a third round pick, per Adam Schefter.
Fooch’s update, 10:42 am: The Jaguars are getting serious calls about edge rusher Dante Fowler, per Tom Pelissero.
Fooch’s update 10/30, 10:08 am: The Texans are closing in on a deal to acquire Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas for a mid-round pick, per Ian Rapoport.
Fooch’s update 10/29, 1:08 pm: The Raiders are shopping Bruce Irvin and the Lions might be shopping Golden Tate, per NFL Network reporter Tom Pelissero.
Fooch’s update 10/29, 7:52 am: The 49ers have received some interest in defensive back Jimmie Ward. Albert Breer is reporting the 49ers would only deal him for a strong return, although as he enters free agency, decisions need to be made.
The Giants have received offers for safety Landon Collins, per Ralph Vacchiano. The Giants are looking for a second or third round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft for the fourth-year safety. He’s a free agent after this season.
Fooch’s update 10/28: Sunday game day brings plenty of rumors and reports. Here are a few notes as the trade deadline approaches on Tuesday, October 30th.
- DeSean Jackson has requested a trade from the Bucs, per Ian Rapoport. The team has refused his request thus far.
- The Bills are unlikely to trade LeSean McCoy unless they get an offer they can’t refuse, per Adam Schefter.
- The Raiders have told Derek Carr he is their quarterback now and for the foreseeable future, per Adam Schefter.
- Teams are “sniffing around” cornerbacks Janoris Jenkins and Gareon Conley as potential additions, per Jason La Canfora.
- The Packers could look to trade safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix due to his contract year status and the team’s safety depth, per Albert Breer.
- Wide receiver DeVante Parker wanted out in Miami, but might be on better footing now, per Armando Salguero. He is reporting the Dolphins will not deal Parker unless they get “serious, serious compensation.”
Fooch’s update 10/24 8:07 am: Patrick Peterson tweeted out a statement in which he expressed his frustration with how the season has gone. He said his energy is 100% focused on being part of the solution in Arizona, and is focused on this week’s game against the 49ers.
The NFL is fast approaching the halfway point of the 2018 regular season, and that means the trade deadline is just around the corner. We’ve already seen a pair of notable deals, and plenty more could be coming between now and the October 30th deadline.
The New York Giants and Oakland Raiders are the two teams to watch, as both have been active a week out from the deadline. On October 23rd, the Raiders traded wide receiver Amari Cooper to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for a first round pick. On October 24th, the Giants traded cornerback Eli Apple to the New Orleans Saints for a 2019 fourth round pick and a 2020 seventh round pick. The dealing got started last Friday when Carlos Hyde was traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars.
We can now add a new deal to the mix. The Giants are trading defensive tackle Damon Harrison to the Detroit Lions for a fifth round pick, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The Giants seem to realize they stink and are set to build for the future.
The San Francisco 49ers could be both a buyer and a seller at this point. They are a seller for 2018, but they might find a deal for a young player worth considering in their rebuilding process. I would not be surprised to see them deal a veteran or two for a late round draft pick, as Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch have been quick to pull the trigger when they’re ready to make a deal.
We’ll have standalone posts for notable rumors and news, but we’ll track everything in here.