The San Francisco 49ers are in the midst of meeting prospects, working them out, and observing them at their Pro Days. The 2018 NFL Draft is a little over one month away, which means the team’s big board is just about settled. There are plenty of adjustments to be made, but they likely have a pretty good idea of at least the general area they are considering a lot of players.
While the 49ers continue their work, it is time to get our own big board together. We have not done this every year, but every so often we try and put together a site consensus big board. It involves a ranked voting system where you pick your top 5 players from a group of 25. We’ve made it through our first 15 spots, and are moving on to spots 16-20.
Here are the results of voting to date. The first ten spots, followed by our most recent voting of spots 11-15.
1. Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
2. Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
3. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
4. Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
5. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
6. Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
7. Harold Landry, DE, Boston College
8. Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
9. Derwin James, S, Florida State
10. Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA
11. Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa (98 first place votes)
12. Vita Vea, DT, Washington (94)
13. Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (56)
14. Connor Williams, OT, Texas (61)
15. Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU (56)
We’re back with the next round of polling. If you have suggestions for the next group of five players to add into this, let me know in the comments. Click here to vote, and please only vote once.