I read an article earlier about no one having believed in Marquise Goodwin . I believed in him but perhaps I am no one? I saw a guy with speed and the willingness to excel and I saw Kyle Shanahan believed in him enough to bring him to the 49ers. That was good enough for me.
The 49ers asked him to step up by being a more complete route runner and more of an all around wide receiver and I believe he did what was asked. In return he was nicely rewarded and I could not be happier for him. Congratulations Marquise Goodwin!
Free agency is coming next week so I will share quickly what I think will happen without mentioning players names:
- We will spend the most money on a cornerback. I was not really sold on any outside corner in the draft so I think we will be paying the price in free agency.
- We will sign a guard early but we won’t be spending more than six million average per year on them unless it is very short term.
- We will not be doing any big spending on the wide receiver position.
- We will sign another head scratcher inside linebacker.
- We will sign a running back in the five to six million dollar average per year range. I don’t think we go into the 2018 season without a veteran running back.
Now onto the hot links:
PS I actually enjoyed reading Grant Cohn.
49ers sign wide receiver Marquise Goodwin to 3-year contract extension Grant Cohn
Ranking top 5 pass rushers 49ers could target in free agency Chris Biderman
Broncos trade cornerback Aqib Talib to the Rams David Bonilla
Marquise Goodwin believes the 49ers are in ‘great shape’ to attract free agents David Bonilla
What Marquise Goodwin’s contract extension means for 49ers Chris Biderman
49ers WR Marquise Goodwin says his goals for 2018 are to stay healthy and win games David Bonilla
The Evolution of 49ers WR Marquise Goodwin Joe Fann
49ers sign WR Marquise Goodwin to a 3-year extension David Bonilla
Patriots’ Dion Lewis Could be a Good Fit With 49ers Doug Williams
49ers met with CB Tony Brown at Alabama pro day David Bonilla
Sea change in Seattle: Stars being swept from Seahawks roster Matt Barrows
5 potential splash signings that could have a huge impact Michael Renner
In search for receivers, 49ers not caught up on size Nick Wagoner
49ers free agency: running back options if Carlos Hyde exits Cam Inman