Welcome to SB Nation FanPulse — a survey of fans across the NFL, powered by SurveyMonkey. Each week, we send 32 polls to 100+ plugged in fans from each team. 49ers fans, sign up HERE to join FanPulse.
Results headed into Week 5
How we got here:
- At the end of the season, unsurprisingly, 49ers fans were only 81% confident in the direction the team was headed.
- Things took a turn for the better after free agency, as that number climbed to 95%.
- Before the draft, the number dipped to 84%, and climbed two percent after the draft, to 86%.
- Heading into the preseason, we started sipping the Kool-aid again, and that number climbed to 90%. Now, with real football here, that number is at 89%. That’s the 11th highest number out of all team sites.
- Following the Week 1 victory over Tampa Bay, we’re up two percent, which brings us to 91%.
- After blowing out the Bengals, the confidence soared to 96%.
- After defeating the Steelers, despite turning the ball over five times, we’ve bumped that number up to 98%.
With a bye week, that number may have dipped, or even plateaued. Not here. Up 1% to 99%, and I’m fine if we keep it like this for the rest of the season. Seeing the Rams lose on Sunday may have helped.
The Browns fans are back to liking their team again this week. Here are their confidence numbers from the season, starting with Week 1: 99%, 68% 81%, 58%, 87%. They seem like a stable bunch.
Which replacement quarterback would you take?
These results are surprising. Minshew is the popular name, so I thought for sure he would run away with these results. I wonder if fans think his “beginners luck” will wear off. I’d take Rudolph over Bridgewater, for whatever that’s worth.