San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch is “excusing” fans from work Monday to make it to the game.
The 49ers had a “mini bye week” to prepare for their showdown against the Seahawks on Monday night. This will be the first matchup between the two teams this season. This game could revive one of the best rivalries in football. Slowing down Russell Wilson will be a challenge, but the defense should be up to the task.
Date/Time: November 11, 2019 at 5:15 p.m. PT
Location: Levi Stadium in Santa Clara, California
Series leader: Seahawks lead 24-16
Streak: The 49ers won the last meeting, snapping a ten-game winning streak by Seattle
TV Broadcast: The game will air on ESPN. The broadcasters are Gene Tessitore and the great Booger McFarland.
SB Nation Seahawks site: Field Gulls
Forecast: It should be around 71 degrees when the game kicks off
Odds: The 49ers are six-point favorites
How we got here:
- At the end of the season, unsurprisingly, 49ers fans were only 81% confident in the direction the team was headed.
- Things took a turn for the better after free agency, as that number climbed to 95%.
- Before the draft, the number dipped to 84%, and climbed two percent after the draft, to 86%.
- Heading into the preseason, we started sipping the Kool-aid again, and that number climbed to 90%. Now, with real football here, that number is at 89%. That’s the 11th highest number out of all team sites.
- Following the Week 1 victory over Tampa Bay, we’re up two percent, which brings us to 91%.
- After blowing out the Bengals, the confidence soared to 96%.
- After defeating the Steelers, despite turning the ball over five times, we’ve bumped that number up to 98%.
- With a bye week, that number may have dipped, or even plateaued. Not here. Up 1% to 99%
- Despite blowing the Browns out, our confidence dropped from 99% to 96%. The loss of Kyle Juszczyk and Mike McGlinchey should explain that.
- After dominating the Rams, that number jumped back up to 99%.
- The confidence poll dipped to 96% after the Mud Bowl. Evidently, style points matter when it comes to voting.
- Scoring 51 points against a top-5 defense brought that number back up to 99%. This was headed into Week 9. I’ll be interested if the 49ers defense having an off game will reflect the voting in next week’s FanPulse.
As for the rest of the NFC West, the Seahawks are up from 53% to 62% The Rams dropped from 70% to 41%, and the Cardinals had a moral victory, so good for them! They’re up from 63% to 80%.
Which of these top teams is a pretender
I heard a nugget on a podcast that the win percentage of the teams the Bills have played is around 17% or something ridiculous like that. It’s tough to trust Buffalo considering they can’t stop the run to save their life and don’t have a quarterback that can be trusted.
I’d love to pick the brain of the people that voted for the 49ers.