Once again the fans were treated to another roller coaster of a game, but this time the 49ers won (and secured the No. 1 Seed) thanks in large part to a Dre Greenlaw goal line tackle. He also had some late game heroics the last time we played the Seattle Seahawks with an interception in OT near the endzone. Unfortunately, that one didn’t result in a win. I feel like he has been severely underrated in place of the injured Kwon Alexander, and I look forward to seeing how the rookie continues to grow in future seasons.
There’s not really much else I can add to the conversation, so I’ll leave you with this wonderful video trolling some Seattle fans who decided to talk a little too much this past week:
I don’t really troll, and Niners Nation doesn’t really condone trolling, but I’m all for this kind of stuff after having to endure so much trash talk from them over the years.
On to those links (sorry, there’s not much)...
- 49ers at Seahawks final score: Mistakes doom Seattle as Niners hang on to win No. 1 seed in thrilling game (Jared Dubin, CBS Sports)
- 49ers takeaways: What we learned in No. 1 seed-clinching win over Seahawks (Matt Maiocco, NBC Sports)
- 2020 NFL schedule: 49ers’ home, road opponents include marquee matchups (Matt Maiocco, NBC Sports)
Around the league...
- 2019 NFL playoffs preview: Schedule, bracket, Super Bowl chances for every team (Kevin Seifert, ESPN)
- NFL Week 17 Takeaways: Patriots Run Out of Time, Chiefs (!) Get the Bye, Derrick Henry Gets the Rushing Title (Jenny Vrentas, Sports Illustrated)
- Ron Rivera emerges as top candidate for Redskins (Nick Shook, NFL.com)
- NFL Player Marvin Jones Reveals Son Marlo, 6 Months, Has Died: ‘You Have Gained Your Wings’ (Maria Pasquini, PEOPLE)
- 2020 NFL draft order: First-round picks from 1-32, date and location (ESPN)
... I have spoken