Welcome to SB Nation FanPulse — a survey of fans across the NFL, powered by SurveyMonkey. Each week, we send 32 polls to 100+ plugged in fans from each team. 49ers fans, sign up HERE to join FanPulse.
Buy tickets to the 49ers vs. Saints!
Want to go to the 49ers game? Stubhub is the place to buy tickets for this Sunday’s showdown against the Saints
Results headed into Week 14
How we got here:
- At the end of the season, unsurprisingly, 49ers fans were only 81% confident in the direction the team was headed.
- Things took a turn for the better after free agency, as that number climbed to 95%.
- Before the draft, the number dipped to 84%, and climbed two percent after the draft, to 86%.
- Heading into the preseason, we started sipping the Kool-aid again, and that number climbed to 90%. Now, with real football here, that number is at 89%. That’s the 11th highest number out of all team sites.
- Following the Week 1 victory over Tampa Bay, we’re up two percent, which brings us to 91%.
- After blowing out the Bengals, the confidence soared to 96%.
- After defeating the Steelers, despite turning the ball over five times, we’ve bumped that number up to 98%.
- With a bye week, that number may have dipped, or even plateaued. Not here. Up 1% to 99%
- Despite blowing the Browns out, our confidence dropped from 99% to 96%. The loss of Kyle Juszczyk and Mike McGlinchey should explain that.
- After dominating the Rams, that number jumped back up to 99%.
- The confidence poll dipped to 96% after the Mud Bowl. Evidently, style points matter when it comes to voting.
- Scoring 51 points against a top-5 defense brought that number back up to 99%. This was headed into Week 9. I’ll be interested if the 49ers defense having an off game will reflect the voting in next week’s FanPulse.
- No issues with the defense after a divisional win. The confidence is up 3% to 99%, which is the third-most of any team sites after the Ravens and Saints.
- After the Niners’ first divisional loss, the confidence dipped all the way to 97%. With everything that went wrong, that’s fair. There shouldn’t be too much overreaction until we see all the things that frustrated us consistently.
- Despite gifting the Cardinals 16 points, a game-winning touchdown toss to Jeff Wilson put San Francisco ahead, and a late defensive score made the score look worse than the game really was. A divisional win always feels good, and that’s why we are back up to 99%
- After destroying the Packers from wire to wire, everyone that participated in this week’s survey was confident in the direction of the team. For as much as we talked about the gauntlet of the schedule the 49ers faced, that was a heck of a way to start things off. The confidence poll is a perfect 100%
The 49ers kept it close with the Ravens and probably should have won. There are no moral victories in the NFL, but the team showed they are one of, if not the best in the league. The confidence poll for this week dropped from 100% to 99%. The only team ahead of San Francisco is Baltimore, which is fitting.
As for the rest of the NFC West, Field Gulls is up two percentage points to 92%, which is good for fifth place. Turf Show Times is sitting at 16th after moving up to 44%. Hopefully after this weekend their number keeps growing after a win. The honeymoon phase appears to be over with Revenge of the Birds. They’re in 22nd after dropping from 73% to 17%.
After last week my answer would be a coin flip between Baltimore and San Francisco. I believe the 49ers have the better roster and are incredibly well-coached compared to the rest of the league. Baltimore doesn’t shoot themselves in the foot as much and they have the MVP. Hopefully there’s a rematch.