The NFL Combine concludes Monday, but that doesn’t stop mock drafts from coming out with the results we have so far. Bleacher Report’s Jake Rill put together a mock draft Sunday morning and it seems very adequate after the info we posted Sunday evening about the Arizona Cardinals taking Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the No. 1 pick.
So with that said, the Cardinals get Murray, which opens the entire board up to the San Francisco 49ers and they get Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa. Things fall into place from there; the New York Jets get Kentucky linebacker Josh Allen and the Oakland Raiders get Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams.
Some things to keep in mind. At No. 6, the New York Giants get Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins, but if recent reports have anything to say, that might be a battle with Oakland whom is trying to trade Derek Carr. If the Raiders ship Carr off, there could be a battle to get their hands on Haskins—or Murray for that matter. It’s going to be a pretty penny to pry him from the Cardinals, as the Murray to the Cardinals story is picking up steam everywhere.
Another thing is the selection of Ole Miss wide receiver D.K. Metcalf at 22 to the Baltimore Ravens. If he falls that far, could the 49ers package up a trade to snag him from the Ravens? I guess that could depend on if they get Earl Thomas in free agency, and how badly they want a cornerback.
The big point of all of this is that the 49ers could have full command of a draft board and Nick Bosa is theirs for the taking if they are so inclined. The 49ers are hopefully never going to get another chance like this, so this move may define the Kyle Shanahan era.
Here are the picks from Rill’s mock below.
1. Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
2. San Francisco 49ers: Nick Bosa, Edge, Ohio State
3. New York Jets: Josh Allen, Edge, Kentucky
4. Oakland Raiders: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
6. New York Giants: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Clelin Ferrell, Edge, Clemson
8. Detroit Lions: Rashan Gary, Edge, Michigan
9. Buffalo Bills: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
10. Denver Broncos: Montez Sweat, Edge, Mississippi State
11. Cincinnati Bengals: Brian Burns, Edge, Florida State
12. Green Bay Packers: Devin White, LB, LSU
13. Miami Dolphins: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
14. Atlanta Falcons: Christian Wilkins, DL, Clemson
15. Washington Redskins: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
16. Carolina Panthers: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
17. Cleveland Browns: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
18. Minnesota Vikings: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State
19. Tennessee Titans: Jeffery Simmons, DL, Mississippi State
20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
21. Seattle Seahawks: Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
22. Baltimore Ravens: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
23. Houston Texans: Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia
24. Oakland Raiders (from Chicago): Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas State
25. Philadelphia Eagles: Jachai Polite, Edge, Florida
26. Indianapolis Colts: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
27. Oakland Raiders (from Dallas): Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
28. Los Angeles Chargers: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
29. Kansas City Chiefs: Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama
30. Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans): N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State
31. Los Angeles Rams: Jaylon Ferguson, Edge, Louisiana Tech
32. New England Patriots: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
How do you rate Jake Rill’s mock draft?
This poll is closed