With the San Francisco 49ers fourth round pick, and No. 110 overall in the draft, the team selects Mitch Wishnowsky, punter out of Utah. Punters are people too! The Senior and former Ute is an Australian native was also a Ray Guy finalist, an award given to the nations best punter. The 27-year old Wishnowsky was second-team AP All-American.
It’s a bit early for a punter, but the 49ers are in dire need of one. Bradley Pinion left in free agency leaving a huge void for a punter and Wishnowsky fits the bill. Go look at some of his kicks and you’ll see he might be an upgrade.
Wishnosky is an interesting character. How about this, he has ranked random objects by punt-ability.
Good luck fighting scouting reports on a punter. Here’s what NFL.com has on him:
Desired NFL frame for punter
Good athletic ability to go get poor snaps
Has shown ability to expedite his process if needed
Prevents returns with adequate hang-time and consistent control
Fewer than 100 total return yards over last 106 punts
Has experience punting in excessive wind
1. First round: No. 2 overall Nick Bosa, Defensive end, Ohio State
2. Second round: (36 overall)Deebo Samuel, Wide receiver, South Carolina
3. Third round: (67 overall)Jalen Hurd, Wide receiver, Baylor
4. Fourth round: (110 overall) Mitch Wishnowsky, Punter, Baylor
5. Fifth round: (No. 148)
6. Sixth round: (No. 176)
7. Sixth round: (183 overall)
8. Sixth round: (198 overall)
Grade this pick
This poll is closed