With the No. 148 pick in the NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers draft Arkansas LB Dre Greenlaw. This was the pick the team traded with the Denver Broncos. They 49ers met with Greenlaw, so this shouldn’t come as a huge surprise.
The 5-foot-11, 237-pounder ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds and had a 33.5 inch vertical leap. The senior finished with 80 tackles, 6 1/ for losses, two sacks and two interceptions as a senior. Greenlaw should provide depth behind Fred Warner and Kwon Alexander, while being a core special teams player.
Alexander is currently rehabbing an ACL tear and while he should be ready to go when training camp starts, the 49ers clearly need some options in case something should arize with his recovery. With the trade of Dekoda Watson, the 49ers have Warner, Alexander, and Elijah Lee. Given the issues of injuries last year, a fourth body may be appropriate.
The trade to make this pick possible was linebacker Dekoda Watson to the Broncos. So for trading a linebacker, the 49ers get a younger linebacker in essence.
1. First round: No. 2 overall Nick Bosa, Defensive end, Ohio State
2. Second round: (36 overall)Deebo Samuel, Wide receiver, South Carolina
3. Third round: (67 overall)Jalen Hurd, Wide receiver, Baylor
4. Fourth round: (110 overall) Mitch Wishnowsky, Punter, Baylor
5. Fifth round: (No. 148) Dre Greenlaw, Arkansas
6. Sixth round: (No. 176)
7. Sixth round: (183 overall)
8. Sixth round: (198 overall)
Grade the pick
This poll is closed