Welcome to SB Nation FanPulse — a survey of fans across the NFL, powered by SurveyMonkey. Each week, we send 32 polls to 100+ plugged in fans from each team. 49erss fans, sign up HERE to join FanPulse.
Results headed into Week 3:
How we got here:
- At the end of the season, unsurprisingly, 49ers fans were only 81% confident in the direction the team was headed.
- Things took a turn for the better after free agency, as that number climbed to 95%.
- Before the draft, the number dipped to 84%, and climbed two percent after the draft, to 86%.
- Heading into the preseason, we started sipping the Kool-aid again, and that number climbed to 90%. Now, with real football here, that number is at 89%. That’s the 11th highest number out of all team sites.
- Following the Week 1 victory over Tampa Bay, we’re up two percent, which brings us to 91%.
- After blowing out the Bengals, you monsters have brought us all the way up to 96%
That 96% confidence vote makes Niners Nation the sixth-most confident fanbase out of all the team sites. Our friends at Behind the Steel Curtain have fallen off a cliff. They went from 84% to 21% after getting blown out by the Patriots. Losing Big Ben dropped them to 13%.
Which head coach will be fired first?
The national question of the week asked fans, “which coach gets fired first this season?” The results are close, but the winner(loser?) was Jay Gruden of Washington. He’s made the playoffs once in six years. I voted for Marrone because before last night the Jaguars had lost 12 out of 14. There is far too much talent for that to happen.
- Jay Gruden: 26 percent
- Doug Marrone: 25 percent
- Ron Rivera: 22 percent
- Pat Shurmur: 20 percent
- Bill O’Brien: 7 percent