Welcome to SB Nation FanPulse — a survey of fans across the NFL, powered by SurveyMonkey. Each week, we send 32 polls to 100+ plugged in fans from each team. 49ers fans, sign up HERE to join FanPulse.
Results headed into Week 4
How we got here:
- At the end of the season, unsurprisingly, 49ers fans were only 81% confident in the direction the team was headed.
- Things took a turn for the better after free agency, as that number climbed to 95%.
- Before the draft, the number dipped to 84%, and climbed two percent after the draft, to 86%.
- Heading into the preseason, we started sipping the Kool-aid again, and that number climbed to 90%. Now, with real football here, that number is at 89%. That’s the 11th highest number out of all team sites.
- Following the Week 1 victory over Tampa Bay, we’re up two percent, which brings us to 91%.
- After blowing out the Bengals, the confidence soared to 96%.
It would stop there, right? Right? Nope. After defeating the Steelers, despite turning the ball over five times, we’ve bumped that number up to 98%.
The 49ers face the Browns next Monday Night. Cleveland is coming off a win, but Baker Mayfield hasn’t played well this season. The Browns were at 99% heading into Week 1. That’s when everyone thought they were going to run through the AFC. I’ve never been sold on Mayfield, and he’s playing like he always has to me. The results are just different, so people are starting to notice. The confidence poll is down to 58%.
Which winless team will make the playoffs?
Who else were you going to pick?
The rest of the NFC west
- The Rams are at 86%. They were at 96% to start the season.
- The Seahawks dropped down from 89% last week to 51% this week.
- The Cardinals are at 35%, after peaking at 68% Week 2.