The following statistics are brought to you by the San Francisco 49ers communications team, who always do a great job of putting these together after each week.
With the win…
· The Niners improved to 4-3 on the season.
· The 49ers improved to 9-5 overall against the Patriots and a 5-3 record on the road, including back-to-back wins at Gillette Stadium.
· San Francisco is now 2-1 against the AFC East this season, with the team’s final game against the division coming in Week 13 vs. Buffalo.
· Kyle Shanahan is now 10-5 against the AFC as head coach of the 49ers.
· The Niners have won their first 3 road games of the season in back-to-back years for the first time since 1989-90. The team has also won each of their first 3 games in the Eastern time zone for the second consecutive season.
Start Fast…And Keep Your Foot On The Gas
· According to CBS Sports, Wilson Jr.’s 3-yd TD run was the first opening drive TD allowed by the Patriots since 2016 (10/2/16 vs. Buf.).
· With an opening drive TD vs. LAR (10/18/20), the 49ers offense has scored a TD on the opening drive of the game in back-to-back games for the first time since 2019 [1 rec. TD at Bal. (12/1/19) and 1 rec. TD at NO (12/8/19)].
· San Francisco’s 467 net yds. (197 rushing; 270 passing) are the most by the team this season and the most since 12/8/19 at NO (516 net yds. – 162 rushing; 354 passing).
· The 49ers offense scored at least 30 points for the 3rd game of the season. Dating back to the 2019 season, San Francisco’s 11 games scoring 30-or-more points are tied for the 4th-most over that span.
Run, Run, Run The Ball
· The 49ers offense rushed for 197 yds. and 4 TDs on 37 carries. The 4 rushing TDs are the 2nd-most the 49ers have scored in a single-game since 2017 (5 rushing TDs vs. Car. (10/27/19) and the 197 rushing yds. are the 4th-most under head coach Kyle Shanahan.
You Get 100… And You Get 100
· RB Jeff Wilson Jr. rushed for 112 yds. and 3 TDs on 17 carries while rookie WR Brandon Aiyuk hauled in 6 recepts. for 115 yds. It marked the first time the team has had a 100-yd. rusher and 100-yd. receiver in the same game since 12/30/18 at LAR [RB Alfred Morris (111 rushing yds.) and TE George Kittle (149 rec. yds.)].
· RB Jeff Wilson Jr. rushed for a career-high 112 yds. and a career-high 3 TDs on 17 carries (6.6 avg.). It marked his first career 100-yd. game and the 49ers first 100-yd. rushing game of the season.
· Wilson Jr.’s 3 rushing TDs are the most by a 49ers RB on the road since RB Roger Craig registered 3 rushing TDs at LAR (10/16/88).
National Tight End Day… It’s A Holiday!
· In his 50th career game, TE George Kittle finished the game with 5 recepts. for 55 yds.
· Kittle’s 3,380 rec. yds. through his first 50 career NFL games are the 3rd-most by a TE in in NFL history.
Make Fullbacks Great Again
· FB Kyle Juszczyk registered a career-high 4 carries for a career-high 18 yds. and 1 TD. It marked his 2nd rushing TD of the season, setting a new single-season career high.
Anything You Can Do, Aiyuk Can Do Better
· WR Brandon Aiyuk finished the game with a career-high 6 recepts. for a career-high 115 yds. (19.2 avg.), marking his 1st career 100-yd. rec. game.
All Gas, No Break
· The 49ers defense allowed 59 net yds. in the 1st half, the fewest allowed by the 49ers in the 1st half of a game since 2012 [35 net yds. allowed vs. Chi. (11/19/12)].
· The 49ers defense registered 4 INTs in the game, the most by the team since 2014 [5 INTs at NYG (11/16/14)].
· LB Fred Warner led the team with 7 tackles and 1 INT, picking off Patriots QB Cam Newton. It marked his 2nd INT of the season and 3rd of his career.
It Takes Two
· CB Jamar Taylor registered his first career 2 INT game, picking off both Newton and Patriots QB Jarrett Stidham. It marked his 1st and 2nd INTs of the season and 4th and 5th of his career.
· Taylor is the first 49ers defender to have 2-or-more INTs in a game since LB Chris Borland tallied 2 INTs of QB Eli Manning at NYG (11/16/14).
Pick & Run
· CB Emmanuel Moseley picked off Newton just before halftime and returned the INT 51 yds. It marked his 1st INT of the season and 2nd of his career.
Mama Said Knock It Out
· On kick return coverage, S Johnathan Cyprien forced a Patriots WR Gunner Olszewski fumble, his 1st career special teams FF.
· LB Azeez Al-Shaair forced a Patriots FB Jakob Johnson fumble, his 1st career FF.
· LB Dre Greenlaw brought down Newton for an 8-yd. loss, his 1st sack of the season and 2nd of his career.
· DL Kevin Givens sacked Stidham for a 7-yd. loss, his 1st career sack.