The 49ers announced that they’d made the following moves:
- RB Austin Walter placed on Reserve/COVID-19 List
- DT Kevin Givens had roster exemption lifted
- TE Chase Harrell signed to the practice squad.
- WR Shawn Poindexter placed practice squad Injured Reserve
The team released Harrell on Wednesday, but he’s back. Having Givens back in the lineup is a big boost for the defensive line. The Niners can use all of the pass rush they can get. Poindexter must’ve injured himself during Wednesday’s practice as he was out there during the early portion.
The 49ers have placed 26 players onto IR from the active roster since training camp, and they’ve used a franchise record 78 in games this season.
The practice is scheduled to end at 3:00 p.m. MST. We’ll update the injury report, but K’Waun Williams was taking reps like he expected to play on Sunday. That wasn’t the case last week. Emmanuel Moseley went through drills, but I’m not sure if we see him on Sunday. Something is up there, and I’m not sure what it is. You’ll see Williams, Richard Sherman, and Jason Verrett talking off to the side, then Moseley by himself a few yards away.
I mentioned that George Kittle didn’t seem like he would play anytime soon based on Wednesday’s practice. Kittle was much more involved on Thursday and ran routes, looked faster, and was his usual playful self. We’re probably a week or so away from Kittle playing, but good luck keeping him out of the Seahawks game.
Here’s Thursday’s practice report:
- G Daniel Brunskill (shoulder)
- DT D.J. Jones (ankle),
- CB Emmanuel Moseley (hamstring)
- RB Raheem Mostert (ankle)
- LB Fred Warner (stinger)
- CB K’Waun Williams (ankle)
- C Hroniss Grasu (knee)
- WR Deebo Samuel (hamstring)