It’s been a wild day in the NFL. On Monday night, Amari Cooper re-signed with the Dallas Cowboys on a five-year, $100 million deal. About 20 minutes before that, Stefon Diggs was traded to the Buffalo Bills. It seems like there was a big transaction every hour on Monday. The two most-notable transactions the San Francisco 49ers made were trading DeForest Buckner for a first-round pick, and signing Arik Armstead to a five-year deal.
Jas joined me to recap the crazy day that was:
- Breaking down the contract details on Armstead’s deal
- The business/personal side on dealing Buckner
- Why the 49ers decided to move on from DeForest
- The 49ers didn’t choose Armstead over Buckner
- How the trade gives the 49ers more flexibility financially and in the draft
- Is Buckner’s replacement on the roster?
- Hooper, Dorsett, Lamb
- Will Sanders and Ward be back?
- Much more!
I also got rid of “Scarlet Jimmies,” after some of the comments essentially hated it. It was a joke to start, and I never changed it. I’m all ears for another name if you have one. If not, I’ll going to leave it as, “49ers, explained.”