As we inch closer to the start of the season for the San Francisco 49ers, the plan for Niners Nation is to expand our podcasting network. To do so, we’d like your help. We’re looking for a full-time Associate Audio Producer. You can apply for the job here. This position is a full-time job, and you will receive full-time benefits. Here are more details about the job post:
As the Associate Audio Producer for Niners Nation, you will lead the podcast for the largest community of San Francisco 49ers fans on the internet. Ideal candidates for this position will have experience with hosting audio content for sports fans, audio production, and management. This remote position will report to the Executive Producer of SB Nation’s team brand podcasts.
What you’ll do:
- Host and produce daily audio content for San Francisco 49ers fans.
- Cover breaking news about the 49ers via the podcast.
- Manage a programming schedule and team to provide listeners with a diverse range of voices, topics, and show types.
- Promote each episode of the podcast with a written post on NinersNation.com.
- Promote each episode of the podcast on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media outlets.
- Create and manage a Twitter account specifically for the Niners Nation podcast feed, engaging with the fanbase and becoming a community leader.
- Host and produce audio content covering the NFL at-large when needed.
- Travel to events in support of coverage when needed.
- Track and report metrics.
What you’ll bring:
- A strong understanding of the San Francisco 49ers and their fanbase.
- On-air experience (radio, TV, podcast, etc.) that shows an engaging personality and an ability to serve multiple on-air roles.
- Audio production experience, preferably within Adobe Audition and/or Audacity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong relationships.
Bonus points for:
- Sports writing experience, especially when able to build out a narrative and carry it out over a period of time.
If you are interested in the Associate Audio Producer position, you can apply here. We will answer all questions as we get the interview process underway.