The big talking point surrounding this year’s Niners is whether they can rise back up from the valley of 0-0, get back to the playoffs, and eventually wind up back in the big game for the second year in a row.
Former 49ers tight end Vernon Davis knows exactly what that’s like after losing the Super Bowl to the Ravens in 2012 and coming oh-so-close the following year. While practicing to compete in the upcoming season of Dancing With the Stars (premiering Monday, Sept. 14 on ABC at 8 p.m.), Davis sat down with our own Kyle Posey on Friday.
Here’s some of what they covered:
- His favorite memory from his career
- George Kittle picking up the mantle of great #85s
- What it’s like the year after losing a Super Bowl
- Cramming to learn Peyton Manning’s playbook after being traded midseason in 2015
- How fast he could run a 40 yard dash right now
- His prediction for the 2020 49ers
- An amazing story involving Sean McVay and Trent Williams
If you like the interview, please subscribe, rate, and review the Niners Nation podcast on iTunes, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts.