The San Francisco 49ers communications team does a fantastic job every year with stats after the game. The following numbers are courtesy of them.
With the win…
· The Niners improved to 1-1 on the season.
· San Francisco wins their first road game of the season for the second-consecutive year.
· The 49ers improved to 11-3 overall against the Jets, including a 7-1 record on the road.
· Head coach Kyle Shanahan is now 9-4 in the regular season against AFC opponents.
Raheem The Dream
· RB Raheem Mostert finished the game with 8 carries for 92 yds. (11.5 avg.) and 1 TD while adding two receptions for 15 yards. His 80-yard TD run was a career-long run and marked his 10th career TD.
· With a 75-yd. TD rec. last week vs. Arz. (9/13/20), Mostert is the first member of the 49ers to record a TD of 75-or-more yds. in back-to-back games since WR Jerry Rice in 1988 (vs. Was. (11/21/88, at SD (11/27/88).
· According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Mostert is the first player since Cecil Turner in 1970 (95-yd. KR in first game & 96-yd. KR in second game) to have a touchdown of 75-or-more yds. in each of the first two weeks of a season.
· Dating back to the 2019 regular season, Mostert has registered at least 1 TD in 8-consecutive regular season games. With 1 rushing TD this week at NYJ (9/20/20), he ties WRs Terrell Owens, Jerry Rice and Freddie Solomon and E Dave Parks for the 2nd-longest streak of consecutive games with at least 1 TD in franchise history.
Raheem Mostert is tied for the second-longest active streak in 49ers history with consecutive games with a touchdown. Mostert has eight, dating back to November 24, 2019. He’s five games behind Jerry Rice’s record that went from the end of ‘86 through the end of ‘87.
· QB Jimmy Garoppolo is now 5-0 in his career when following a loss. According to ESPN Stats & Info, since 2014, he is the only undefeated QB after a loss (minimum 5 starts).
· Garoppolo finished the game completing 14 of 16 atts. (87.5 pct.) for 131 yds. and 2 TDs (140.4 rating). His 87.5 pct. completion percentage is the highest of his career.
· TE Jordan Reed finished the game with 7 recepts. for 50 yds. and 2 TDs.
· Jordan Reed caught an 18-yd. TD recept. and 4-yd. TD recept., his 1st and 2nd TDs as a member of the 49ers and now has 26 in his career. It marked his first TD since 2018 as a member of the Washington Football Team [vs. Hou. (11/18/18)].
· Reed recorded 2 TDs in the same game for the 8th time in his career and the 1st time since 2017 [at Phi. (10/23/17)].
· Reed’s 2 rec. TDs are the most in a game by a member of the 49ers since WR Kendrick Bourne in 2019 [2 at NO (12/8/19)] and the most by a 49ers TE since TE Ross Dwelley in 2019 [2 vs. Arz. (11/17/19)].
Jet Takes Flight
· RB Jerick McKinnon rushed for 77 yds. and 1 TD on 3 carries. His 16-yd. TD run marked his first rushing TD with the 49ers and 8th of his career.
· McKinnon has found the end zone in consecutive games for the first time since 10/9/17 at Chi. (1 rushing TD) and 10/15/17 vs. GB (1 rushing TD & 1 rec. TD), as a member of the Minnesota Vikings.
Get In My Belly
· DL Arik Armstead brought down Jets QB Sam Darnold for a 6-yd. loss, marking his first sack of the season and 20th of his career. Armstead finished the game with 3 tackles, 1.0 sack and 1 PD, the 4th of his career.