The following stats on the 49ers win over the Giants are courtesy of the Niners communication team. For the first time since 1993, the 49ers did not punt the ball in a game. Even with a backup quarterback, the 49ers had an opportunity to score on every possession if you take away a kneel down at the end of the game.
With the win…
· The Niners improved to 2-1 on the season.
· San Francisco wins their first two road game of the season for the second consecutive year. It marks the first time the 49ers started 2-0 on the road in consecutive seasons since 2001-02.
· The 49ers improved to 21-21 overall against the Giants, including a 9-11 record on the road.
· San Francisco defeated both the Giants and the Jets on the road in the same regular season for the first time since 1992 [W, 31-14 at NYG (9/6/92) & W, 31-14 at NYJ (9/20/91)].
Rollin’ Rollin’ Rollin’, Keep The Offense Rollin’
· The 49ers offense finished the game with 36 points, marking the 10th time San Francisco scored 30-or-more points since the start of the 2019 season. The Niners are tied for the 2nd-most 30-or-more point games in the NFL over that span.
The 49ers offense finished the game with a 39:44 time of possession, the most by the team since 2018 [40:12 vs. Arz. (10/7/18)].
· San Francisco finished the game with 29 total first downs, tied for the team’s 2nd-most since 2010 [33 vs. Arz (10/7/18); 29 vs. Buf. (10/7/12)].
Zero Punts Given
· It marked the 8th time in franchise history, and the first time since 12/19/93 at Det. that the 49ers did not punt in a regular-season game.
Steppin’ Right In
· QB Nick Mullens completed 25 of 36 atts. (69.4 pct.) for 343 yds., 1 TD, and a QB rating of 108.9. It marked his 3rd-career 300-yd. game and first since 12/9/18 vs. Den. (332 passing yds.).
· Mullens has now thrown for over 220 yds. in each of his 9 career starts, tying the franchise record set by QB Joe Montana (9 starts from 12/9/85 to 12/7/86) for the most consecutive starts throwing for 220 yds.-or-more.
First Time For Everything
· Rookie WR Brandon Aiyuk hauled in 5 recepts. for 70 yds. and added 3 carries for 31 yds. and 1 TD. His 19-yd. TD run marked his first TD of his career.
· According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Aiyuk is the first 49ers WR since 1970, whose first career TD was a rushing TD.
· RB Jerick McKinnon rushed for 38 yds. and 1 TD on 14 carries—his 10-yd. TD run marked his 2nd rushing TD with the 49ers and 9th of his career.
· With 1 rec. TD vs. Arz. (9/13/20) and 1 rushing TD at NYJ (9/20/20), McKinnon has found the end zone in 3-consecutive games for the first time in his career.
· RB Jeff Wilson Jr. registered 12 carries for 15 yds. and 1 TD to go along with 3 recepts. for 54 yds. and 1 TD. It marked the first time he has recorded at least 1 rushing TD and 1 rec. TD in the same game.
Peanut Butter Dwelley Time
· TE Ross Dwelley tied his career-high with 4 recepts. for a career-high 49 yds.
I’ll Take That
· LB Fred Warner picked off Giants QB Daniel Jones late in the 1st half, his 1st INT of the season and 2nd of his career. He finished the game with 7 tackles, 1 INT, and 1 PD.
Applying The Pressure
· DL Kerry Hyder Jr. brought down Giants QB Daniel Jones for a 5-yd. loss, his 2nd sack of the season and 12th of his career. Hyder finished the game with 2 tackles, 1 TFL, and 1.0 sack.
Welcome To The Team
· In his first game as a member of the 49ers, DL Dion Jordan registered 2 tackles, 1.0 sack, 1 TFL, and recovered a fumble by Giants QB Daniel Jones, the 1st FR of his career.
· S Marcell Harris forced a Giants WR Darius Slayton fumble, the 3rd FF of his career. The fumble was recovered by DB Tarvarius Moore, his 1st career FR.
Good As Gould
· With 3 made FGs this week, K Robbie Gould has now made 101 FGs as a member of the 49ers. His 101 FGs rank 5th all-time in franchise history.
Combined with his 276 career made FGs as a member of the Chicago Bears, Gould became the 13th kicker in NFL history to reach 100 made FGs for 2 different franchises.
· Gould also became just the 7th kicker in NFL history to record 200 FGM with 1 franchise and 100 FGM with another.